A Creative Alliance Project, funded by ERDF and Arts Connect WM. Compass is a new online platform through which young people can have conversations with creative professionals and find out more about the jobs people do, the skills people need and the first steps people take to finding paid work in the creative industries.
The platform will contain a series of careers resources and activities, but predominantly will use Google Hangout technology to run live sessions between 'experts' and young people.
The platform will primarily be targeted at schools, who will then use it with pupils as part of their careers education programmes.
I have several roles and responsibilites as follows:
- Coordinating project partners:
- Commissioning 4/5 of the above partners.
- Recruiting a range of creative, cultural and digital industry professionals to host session.
- Event Management of a Creative Careers CPD Seminar for 50 teachers, and co-managing Launch Event.
- Organisation of beta testing sessions with professionals and schools.