Developed in Birmingham - Project Manager
- Worked together with Pete James and Jo Gane to fundraise for the project, co-writing Arts Council bid, and attaining sponsorship.
- Pulled together programme of over 20 events, scheduled dates, liaised with venues, setup ticketing and event managed on the day.
- Recruited and contracted a wider team of experts: Designer, Web Designer, PR, Marketing.
- Managed budget of £20k, handling payments to all artists and freelancers involved.
- Project evaluation and submission of reports to funders.
Developed in Birmingham was a season of hands-on workshops, talks, walks and events which reveal, explore and celebrate the city’s significant role in the early history of photography. It ran from June - September 2017.
The programme connects and expands on two complementary exhibitions in Birmingham; Thresholds, a virtual reality exhibition by Mat Collishaw and A White House on Paradise Street by Jo Gane with Pete James and Leon Trimble. Developed in Birmingham presents a variety of exciting events in a range of venues and public spaces across the city.
The season of events has been made possible by funding from Arts Council England, University of Birmingham, Argentea Gallery and Millennium Point and is supported by BOM (Birmingham Open Media), Waterstones, Wild in Art and Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and neighbouring development, Paradise.