Library Takeover Day 2015
Part of Kids in Museums National Takeover Day
I project managed the Library Takeover Day 2015, with Work in Progress and Priority 5. The Takeover was part of the Kids in Museums National Takeover Day 2015.
The project involved a series of planning events with a young leaders group, a group of 15 individuals aged 8-30 years, with a mix of abilities and needs.
My role was:
- Co-leading the 10 planning and evaluation sessions, listening to the ideas of the group, consolidating them, enabling planning into practical actions.
- Event managing on the day of the event, coordinating 32 volunteers.
- Ensuring the ideas and plans of the young leaders group were put into action, taking into consideration budgets, H&S and practical restraints.
The day's activities comprised of 3 key elements:
- Mystery Trail with book characters
- Under-the-sea themed sensory room & craft activities
- Storytelling on the story steps